Charles Ronald Bennett
1938 ~ 2013

Charles Ronald Bennett, a loving husband, father, grandfather, and brother, passed away peacefully in his home on December 12, 2013 at the age of 75. Dad was born of goodly parents in North bend, Oregon, March 4, 1938. Even from a young age, Dad has always been very active and sometimes mischievous. He told stories of him and his best friend and Brother Dick. When they were about 8-10 years old they were chased off the golf course by the superintendent for collecting and selling golf balls. He later caddied at that same course to earn money. He would try to be the first caddy there in the morning so that he could caddie two rounds instead of one. They would use that money to go down to the local burger joint and buy his favorite food, burgers, fries and a shake.

His family did not have much money growing up. He came from a very humble beginning. It was a blessing that she worked at Cucamonga elementary school cafeteria in Southern California because she would bring home the leftovers for her family so they wouldn’t go hungry. Because of his humble beginnings, Dad made a vow to change that. As a young teen he began getting involved in athletics. He played football and baseball. He understood the importance of developing his body. He worked out and developed himself physically when other kids were getting into trouble, involved with girls and other frivolous activities, he was practicing his sports. He was bound and determined to rise out of the poverty.

His hard work and determination paid off. When he was 17 years old he signed his first professional baseball contract. He has always said that football was his better sport but when baseball organizations started flashing money, he decided to sign a contract to play professional baseball.

As a 20 year old young professional athlete, he was thrown into a lifestyle of playing in a different city every few days, partying at nights with his baseball buddies and all the temptations that go along with being a professional athlete. He believed in God and had spiritual moments that led his thoughts toward spiritual things. He would often wonder which of all the churches were telling the truth. After a night of partying, he would go with a couple of his friends to their church and confess all the things they did the night before and then go and do them all over again the very next weekend. He got to a point where that just did not make sense and questioned that, if there was a God, He would not be happy with that type of behavior. The In 1963, during the off season, dad met missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. His life would never be the same. He found the truth he was looking for. He had gone to all the churches and he never felt the spirit so strong in his life until he met the elders and prayed about what they were saying. He was baptized soon after that and he later helped many of his friends find the truth. He praised the names of those two elders until the day he died. His devotion and conviction to the gospel was so strong that he chose to take two years out of the prime of his life to serve a mission. In 1963 he was called to serve in the London, England mission under Marion D. Hanks. a199 Marion D. Hanks made a strong impact on his life. While in England he had many life changing experiences. That is where he truly found himself and discovered that he was as a Son of God. The testimony he gained in England shaped him. He shared that witness he gained throughout his entire life at firesides, family home evenings and anyone that he would meet.

After returning from England, he married his sweetheart Carol Jo Shideler, from Rifle, CO. They met at BYU, fell in love and on Sept 30, 1965 they made sacred convents to each other in the Salt Lake City Temple. They had 8 kids, 37 grandkids and 4 great grandkids. He shared his testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel to all of them at one point or another and many times over to a lot of them. Carol and Chuck first lived in Provo where he finished his degree in Animal Science from BYU and then moved to a 22 acre farm in Benjamin, UT where he had a small farm. He taught many of his kids how to work hard on that farm, building fences, raising animals, growing and harvesting plants. They then moved to Salem, UT and later moved to American Fork, UT where he lived until he passed away.

Dad worked at DHI (dairy herding industry) for over 30 years. He was very knowledgeable about the computer software that they produced so he would travel to dairies all over the US to teach the dairymen how to maximize dairy production. He was respected by all with whom he came in contact in business. He was honest and his integrity made him very successful in the dairy business world.

Dad spent his life following King Benjamin’s proclamation. When ye are in the service of your fellow being, ye are only in the service of your God. He was always more concerned about his family and friends needs than his own. He was constantly visiting his kids in Arizona, California or Washington to help them with anything they needed. He served God until his dying day.

We know that Dad has been called to a greater mission. We know he will serve with all his heart and with the same conviction that he did in his mortal life. Dad, may God bless you until we meet again. We love you!

Click Here To Send a Message to the Family

Dana Sue Kimball Israelsen

Passed away peacefully on Sunday, December 10th, 2017 surrounded by family. After overcoming impeccable odds, and receiving countless miracles our sweet Dana Sue went back home.... READ MORE>

Venice Marie Lund Prince

Born Sept. 8, 1936
Died Dec. 9, 2017
She earned a scholarship to BYU, where she met Dale Leavitt Prince. They were married in the Los Angeles LDS Temple on November 21, 1956... READ MORE>

John Franklin Palmer II

Died Dec. 5, 2017
John was born on February 26, 1946 in Farmington, New Mexico, the second child of John Franklin (Frank) Palmer and Claudia Irene Rhoads. ...READ MORE>

Shyrl Ben Savage

Born March 6, 1934
Died Dec. 1, 2017
He married his beloved wife, Joan Mouritsen Savage in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on August 25th, 1958. Together they raised 5 children... READ MORE>

     Warenski Funeral Home | American Fork, UT 84003 | 1776 North 900 East | Tel: 801.763.5000 | Fax: 801.763.5002